Tuesday, December 31, 2013

Feature of The Month - A. Lange & Sohne 1815 Chronograph

My fascination with mechanical hand wound movement was pique when I saw the back of the Lange chronograph - many say they would wear the movement side if it were possible. I fully agree. That is why this watch is The Feature of the Month.

The House of Lange is German engineering at its best. I have always admired the brand, technical expertise and the range of watches they have. I yearned for one of their beauties and when I finally got my hands on one, a sense of accomplishment. Here's my favorite Lange piece.
Lange 1815 Chrono WG Dial Side photo Lange1815ChronoFront.jpg

Many thanks to my friend Professor Harry Tan who took these pictures at one of our get-togethers. Over drinks, dinner and a nice cigar came these pictures. This white gold beauty has been discontinued and a newer version of the 1815 chrono has been introduced.
Lange 1815 Chrono WG Movement Side photo Lange1815ChronoBack.jpg

And now for the movement side.

I was contemplating between the rose gold black dial version versus the white gold silver dial version and settled for the latter because of the beautiful blued hands.

Taken at the same dinner was a photo shoot courtesy of Prof Harry Tan. Take a look at the poster of some of the collectors with cigars to boot.
Mafia Group at CHIJMES photo GTGDec2012CollageWEB.jpg

The year end (2012) dinner was held at CHIJMES, Chef de Tables. I shall make another post for our 2013 year end dinner soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment