Saturday, September 5, 2015

Chinese Dragon by a Russian!

I have always wanted a "Dragon" theme timepiece (no thanks to Vincent) and was lucky enough when my friend SJX introduced me to the Vulcain Cricket Aviator GMT “The Dragon”.

Recently, I got to know a Russian watchmaker Stefan Vinogradov. Stefan is based in Moscow, Russia and he tells me he used to work for a Russian watch brand Tsedro. It seems Stefan handles the engraving for the dials and movements. We corresponded via email and Stefan made a sketch of the dragon and then a few more emails to and fro and he started work.

And this is the final result!

The engraving is rather well done but I wish the Dragon's head were more prominent. The shiny gold plate gleams and probably a little too shiny.

The engraving is best evident on the body of the Dragon especially the scales.

On the back is a skeletonised Unitas 6497 manual winding movement.

The movement is decorated and finishing is well done. And to personalise the timepiece, my initials are engraved on the barrel.

Another look at the timepiece hand engraved by Stefan.

I will put out another post on the steps taken (as far as I know) on how it is done. Thanks Stefan!

No comments:

Post a Comment