Thursday, May 28, 2015

Seiko Prospex - Golden Charm!

Seiko Prospex Aviator is what I call this timepiece.

Why the aviator? Well the timepiece reminds one of aviation style - the aeroplane seconds hand and the altimeter-style date window are some clues.
 photo Seiko Prospex SRP580 Gold 03_zpsiodg85p7.jpg

Somehow, I like the gold version better than the black ion finishwhich I reported previously.
 photo Seiko Prospex SRP580 Gold 01_zpspo1qtxfd.jpg

As I have said in my other post, the date window feels a little off (pun intended) with the marker at the 17 minute location as opposed to it at the 15.
 photo Seiko Prospex SRP580 Gold 02_zpsa7kpaxrr.jpg

And typically, the window should display three dates but the Prospex displays 5.
 photo Seiko Prospex SRP580 Gold 06_zpsguqacbzh.jpg

The bezel has a sand-blasted finishing and gives the watch a more rugged feel about it.
 photo Seiko Prospex SRP580 Gold 04_zpsul4epqwf.jpg

And the crown is protected by the crown guard but it is a normal push in crown without a locking mechanism.
 photo Seiko Prospex SRP580 Gold 08_zpsrvqeojsl.jpg

The SRP580 comes with a normal tang buckle and fitted with a leather strap.
 photo Seiko Prospex SRP580 Gold 09_zpseperwcmj.jpg

I really like the Seiko marque - very well done.
 photo Seiko Prospex SRP580 Gold 05_zpsogwlq8bh.jpg

Although it is a Limited Edition, Seiko does not divulge how many are made - these are non-numbered Limited Editions. I find that somewhat odd. But the timepiece is priced right. Priced below $400, the Seiko Prospex is a winner for me.