Monday, May 19, 2014

Russian Watches Anyone?

Soviet branded watches are great value for money. And so was the case for this Soyuz Chronograph which is now my son's property.

We were out one Boxing Day and walked right into Red Army watches in Wisma Atria and I saw this skeletonized chronograph. I had actually bought it for myself but my son was so taken to it that I gave it to him for daily wear.
 photo SoyuzSkeletonChrono02_zpsaf6301a0.jpg

And like it he does and what a find for under S$900.
 photo SoyuzSkeletonChrono03_zpsfa9874a6.jpg

One cannot ask for more at this price level. A functional watch no doubt but certainly not a well finished skeletonized watch. 30 minute chrono counter at 3 o'clock and the seconds sub-dial is at the 9.
 photo SoyuzSkeletonChrono04_zpsebb255fc.jpg

The watch comes with their own manual winding chrono movement. Not too familiar with their caliber though.
 photo SoyuzSkeletonChrono05_zpsc8da3ef9.jpg

Water resistant to 50 metres, this watch is well worn by my son. The watch is almost 5 years old and has changed strap just once. Not services since I bought it. Not that I recommend this but I just want to know how rugged these timepieces are.
 photo SoyuzSkeletonChrono01_zps5b5d5311.jpg

Another look at the watch - the Soyuz Skeleton Chronograph.

No comments:

Post a Comment