Saturday, July 1, 2017

Photobucket Denial of Service

Apologies for the lack of images linked to my Photobucket account.

As you may already have noticed, the notification says "Please update your account to enable 3rd Party Hosting". What Photobucket means by "update" is to pay for using their platform. While I am not totally opposed to paying for space, what I cannot understand is the fact that the denial was immediate and done before I could even react. Service was denied and email notification came after the fact.

They have three packages - 50GB, 100GB and 500GB packages and in order to link and post to your blog, you need to go for the highest package i.e. the most expensive one. In order words, Photobucket is saying "take it or leave it." Photobucket for me was a free photo hosting service and I say thanks for the service. I am a small user using only 19% of the 10GB allowance.

Emails to them have gone unanswered. I do apologise for the lack of images on my blog while I sort this out with Photobucket. Appreciate your patience.

P.S. - (Updated on 4th July) Photobucket has responded on 3rd July and insisted I sign up for the Plus 500 package. This is their response... "We ask that you upgrade to our Plus 500 subscription to continue using us to host your images. This subscription is the only option for off-site photo hosting at this time."

I have responded to their email and now await their response.

No comments:

Post a Comment